Our client, a leader in Warehousing and Transportation has an immediate opening for an experienced Staff Accountant to join their Team.
Responsibilities for the Staff Accountant role include but are not limited to:
* Daily Cash Reporting: daily balancing of bank accounts with A/R posting to accounting system. Prepare daily cash management report.
* Monthly Landlord invoices: review for correctness and communicate information as appropriate; analyze building expenses, including real estate taxes.
* Weekly Payroll: review reports, prepare journal entries and record in general ledger. Analyze payroll taxes and workers comp payroll category breakdowns.
* NJ Sales Tax: prepare annual tax exemption certificates for vendors, review invoices paid for exempt status, and monitor remaining refund.
* Monthly bank reconciliations for Operating, Payroll and Money Market accounts.
* Monthly Financial Workpapers for closing: includes preparing excel schedules, analysis of monthly activity of various general ledger accounts, research and resolution of discrepancies and preparation of journal entries.
* Monthly analysis of solar electric energy usage and cost for three California warehouses.
* Accounts Payable: invoice review from select vendors; prepare accounts payable vouchers and enter into system; update various vendor schedules; assist with other A/P functions as necessary.
Degree in Accounting Required
Experience working in Excel, Word and Outlook
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be able to work independently, as well as being a “team player”
Hours for this position are Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5pm. This is great opportunity offering a competitive pay (25.00 to 26.50/hr) as well as great benefits such as Medical, Dental, 401k as well as free lunch. To learn more about this opportunity please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mary Minervini at 201-845-6050.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com