Senior R&D Chemist
Contract packaging manufacturer of cosmetics and personal care items is seeking a skilled Sr. R&D Chemist with skincare development experience to join their lab. Must have strong experience in developing OTC products.
The selected Sr. Chemist will research and develop new ideas/concepts from a variety of industries and scientific literature for the creation of tangible, innovative personal care products. He/she will be assigned multiple projects with different degrees of complexity and is expected to follow all projects from concept to prototype development to manufacturing.
The Sr. R&D Chemist responsibilities:
- Independently formulate and facilitate the development of innovative personal care products, line extensions, and product improvements.
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies/raw materials and implement them to meet project needs.
- Interact with customers and provide technical support via oral presentation and written venues.
- Proactively scan and research new marketing concepts, raw materials, and technical opportunities.
- Resolve product or process problems and contribute information/findings in establishing manufacturing procedures from lab to pilot to large scale production.
- Follow established product launch time-lines and keep laboratory management informed of project progress.
- Train and direct technicians.
Sr. Chemist Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in developing personal care formulations and MUST have skin care development experience. Must have strong experience in developing OTC products.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and excellent communication skills are necessary.
Send resume for immediate consideration outlining your related experience with developing OTC products. MUST HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.