Contract packaging manufacturer of cosmetic and personal care items is seeking a QC Chemist to join their team.
QC Chemist Essential Functions:
- Testing raw materials as per the USP/NF monographs
- Testing bulk product for pH, viscosity, melting point, specific gravity, identification
- Able to use HPLC, melting point apparatus, pH meter, pycnometer, viscometer, FTIR and wet chemistry to do the analysis.
- Communicate with the Analytical lab Manager of any issues during testing is essential.
- Experience in color matching.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of appropriate standard operating procedures.
- Teamwork and to adopt working under pressure.
- Flexibility to change working schedule or to work extra hours if needed.
Chemist Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/cosmetic industry
- Excellent knowledge of GLP’s
- Must have HPLC experience
- Good observation skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of laboratory methods
- Knowledge in color matching cosmetics is a plus
For immediate consideration please send resume outlining your related experience.