Textile manufacturer is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to communicate with and coordinate between Sales, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Logistics, and Brokers.
The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Schedule and track international shipments and production samples
- Work with customs broker on filing importing paperwork
- Correspond with Agent, who oversees production, to coordinate container shipments
- Arrange and track outgoing domestic freight shipments
- Track pricing trends, work with brokers to keep pricing competitive
- Receive new shipments into computer inventory
- Coordinate receipts and shipments from warehouse and Public Warehouses (3PL)
- Manage inventory and customer stock
- Assist with damage claims and vendor credits
The Purchasing Assistant will have a Bachelor’s degree, 1-2 years purchasing experience, excellent computer skills, and be extremely organized. The hours are Monday – Friday in office 8:30am – 5:00pm. Small office environment.
To discuss the details of this excellent opportunity please send resume outlining your related experience. Salary for this position is in the $45,000 – $50,000/yr.