Global lighting company is seeking a Purchasing Agent to join their team. The Purchasing Agent is an important position responsible for a 5,000+ purchased parts inventory. This position works closely with the Manager of Purchasing and is responsible for the purchasing/procurement processes supporting the successful manufacturing and assemble-to-order of the company’s products – custom and architectural lighting solutions and support non-production purchasing needs of the company.
The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for:
- Daily review and analysis of MRP planning workbench, supply and demand details, quantities, and timing; schedule orders accordingly for all part families. Maintain optimum levels of inventory to support production and sales requirements.
- Process POs, receivers, contact vendors, expedite POs, and perform cycle counts as needed.
- Daily Purchasing “superuser” for Oracle applications: Purchasing, MRP and Supply Chain modules (includes maintaining Item Master)
- Ensure product availability and continually seek best pricing for all part families.
- Ensure suppliers perform to high standard of price, delivery, and quality.
- Review invoice discrepancies and take any corrective action.
- Maintain physical inventory accuracy working with a cross-functional team including Purchasing, Inventory Control/Receiving, Engineering, Production and Customer Support.
- Set up and maintenance of vendor coding for current and new components.
- Communicate open PO Reports to suppliers for appropriate changes and updates.
- Update data in Oracle based upon feedback received from suppliers
- Ensure item and rolled-up costs are accurate
- Track the movement of materials for outside processing between vendors
- Resolve invoice and receiving issues
The Purchasing Agent qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Purchasing/Procurement
- Manufacturing Industry experience required, including use of Supply Chain and ERP/MRP technology applications (Oracle preferred)Google Sheets, MS EXCEL (ADVANCED)
- Lighting Industry experience preferred
To discuss this full-time opportunity in greater detail, please send resume outlining your related experience.