Established essential manufacturer is in need of Packaging Mechanics for all shifts in Morris County, NJ.
Under limited supervision, the Packaging Technician position consists of the running, repair and maintenance of packaging equipment; performs related work as assigned.
Responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing production related equipment/systems/such as bottling, blistering, bundling, etc. Debugging equipment and performing the changeovers for the packaging lines.
Conducting maintenance and repair of equipment, including: Cartoners, Wrappers, Tube Fillers, Case Packers, Palletizers, etc.
- Repairs packaging equipment as needed.
- Performs regular and preventive maintenance of packaging equipment to eliminate unscheduled downtime.
- Performs changeovers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform all work in accordance with c GMP’s, housekeeping, good safety practices, and environmental regulations.
- Participate in team process and maintain good customer, supplier and employee relationships.
- Initiate purchase of required tools, parts, and materials and maintain accountability for tools /parts issued.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge as equipment and technology develops.
- Perform all work to reflect a personal commitment to quality craftsmanship and job ownership.
- Notify Supervisor of mechanical breakdowns that will take twenty (20) minutes or more to repair.
- Become familiar with PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controls) and ladder logic.
- Report health/safety hazards to immediate supervisor or EHS Department and make appropriate repairs.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds, modifies and repairs packaging equipment.
- Make recommendations for equipment upgrades and modifications.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have high school Diploma or GED.
Must have a good mechanical aptitude and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Training in the repair and maintenance of production/mfg equipment
Ability to work OT
Willingness to learn
Interested candidates please send resume to email@example.com