Established apparel company is seeking an Import Manager to be responsible for maintaining purchases from factories & affiliate companies and with transportation services including inbound movements, cost calculations, service requirements, and liability regulations.
The Import Manager will be responsible for the following:
· Communicate with customs to expedite clearance of goods at the port.
· Verifying documentation including tariff codes, pricing, delivery destination, and amounts.
· Prepare and process all import documents and broker invoices.
· Work imports to completion with the import broker, carriers, and other internal departments.
· Ensure all air and ocean imports are dispatched at the ports before demurrage starts.
· Administer delivery of all cargo and process all custom releases, monitor all receivables, and assist supervisors to resolve transaction issues.
· Enter, distribute, and coordinate import purchase orders in SAP.
· Collaborate with the Sales team and freight forwarders. Administer appropriate movement of all goods and supervise all freight flow.
· Prepare and process all import documents, broker invoices, and manage contain shipments in coordination with freight carriers and customers.
· Communicate any changes in customer order patterns or inventory issues to the logistics team and customer service.
Import Manager must be detailed oriented, organized, and a team leader. If you have an understanding of freight information, shipping & receiving routes, and have import experience please send resume in MS Word format for immediate consideration