Leading Direct to Consumer company that distributes products primarily via Amazon’s selling channel is seeking a Director of Operations. The Director of Operations will be responsible for 3PL Management, Systems & Applications, Analytics, and Transportation.
The key priorities for the Director of Operations are as follows:
- Manage entire domestic supply chain with a nationwide network of 12 3PLs, 6 freight brokers and 3 drayage providers
- Maintain warehousing strategies and policies governing the receipt, storage, and distribution of materials, equipment, and/or supplies.
- Track and analyze key metrics and continuously strive to meet or exceed KPI’s.
- Drive high performance for key metrics including but not limited to: inventory accuracy, warehouse productivity, and optimal space utilization.
- Control per delivery cost efficiency through while maintaining/achieving performance standards, while building on operational/process improvements.
- Implement and optimize business operations processes through excellent change management and appropriate KPIs development
- Create standard operating procedures to ensure document and data integrity as freight moves through supply chain.
- Review, maintain and improve reporting to manage inventory movement and warehouse KPIs including monthly projections, outbound and inbound shipment tracking.
- Oversee routing from manufactures to 3PLs with a focus on maximizing space and reducing trucking costs
- Mange vendor compliance process: onboarding new vendors, creating corrective action programs for non-compliant vendors, as well as overseeing the issuing of chargebacks.
- Partner with Director of IT to spearhead supply-chain related modules of ERP implementation and EDI integrations with both 3PL partners and vendors.
- Recommend and implement new technology platforms to increase productivity.
The Director of Operations must have:
- 5-10 years of experience in warehouse, distribution, inventory, and facilities management preferably in retail / consumer goods
- High level of analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives to drive cost savings
- Ability to process complex processes and manage several initiatives effectively.
- Strong skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent and effective business communication skills both verbally and in writing
Do you understand how the logistics process works? Have EDI experience? Familiar with moving products with 3PL’s? Please send resume outlining your related experience to discuss in greater detail.