Our client seeks a highly skilled and highly motivated Director of Operations to work with the Executive Management Team to oversee the rapid growth of this dynamic organization. This position has the primary responsibility of managing and developing the production and manufacturing teams to keep pace with growth and to maximize efficiencies in all areas of operational excellence. This is a role with P&L accountability and the overarching responsibility to continue the mission of evolving company into a world class, professionally managed Company.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBLITIES for DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS:
- Directs, reviews, analyzes, approves adequate plans for the control of planned outputs, budgeted spending (to be developed) , labor efficiency, material efficiency with Purchasing/Planning/Inventory Departments, process engineering effectiveness, and human capital utilization, including but not limited to profit and loss statements for organization and specific departments.
- Anticipates company production/manufacturing/packaging needs and develops comprehensive, analytical proposals regarding capital investment, personnel, facilities and other areas of reporting to present to President and Executive Team.
- Reviews performance against operating plans, master schedule and standards.
- Fully utilizes company operating systems for production reporting, capacity planning and analytical functions. Works with systems teams to enhance and expand system capabilities for production/manufacturing.
- Develops and presents to President and Executive Team matters requiring a decision.
- Develops and recommends operations policy within the Production and Manufacturing Departments.
- Reviews and approves the implementation of production/manufacturing/ packaging plans in coordination with the Planning/Purchasing/Inventory Department Leaders.
- Develops plans for new areas of expansion and higher levels of efficiency in the manufacturing/ production/packaging areas. Enhances and optimizes all processes.
- Directs and appraises the performance of units immediately reporting and provides the necessary coordination of all activities.
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly and makes recommendations for their compensation.
- Coordinates activities of the production and manufacturing departments with those of other departments. Seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination and collaboration.
- Provides orientation and on the job training for subordinates and ensures that the authority and responsibility for each position is defined and understood.
- Oversees and enforces company compliance with all cGMPs, safety and regulatory requirements. Develops creative solutions to meet GMPS’s when necessary by using rational.
- Meets with customers as required and represents the company in a professional, ethical and honorable manner.
- Ensures delivery times are in compliance.
- Maximizing production yields.
- Analyze margins per product, customer and category and incorporate strategy into rational for margin decisions.
- Help develop and utilize costing model.
Director of Operations Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in or equivalent in process engineering or production management related studies.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years prior experience with successful Manufacturing/Packaging Companies.
- Prior responsibility in managing production, manufacturing, inventory control, process engineering as well as shipping, receiving and warehousing.
- Strong conceptual understanding of operating systems and capabilities.
To discuss this excellent opportunity please send resume outlining your related skills for immediate consideration.