Our Client, a leader in the transportation industry has an immediate need for Conveyor Belt Technicians/ Mechanics for the Maintenance Department.
Two positions available (1) Night Shift 6:00pm-4:00am or until the work in the warehouse is finished and (1) Day Shift, from 6:00am until finished.
For training purposes this person will be required to work during the day for about 2 to 3 weeks, and once training has been completed will be transferred to the Night Shift Schedule (6:pm-4am or until the work in the warehouse is done).
Position Overview: Conveyor Belt Technicians/Mechanics must be able to perform complex maintenance of machinery and installation of all phases of electro-mechanical equipment for our automated conveyor systems and components.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include;
- Perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of conveyor and sortation control systems with minimal supervision
- Repair, adjust, and replace conveyor belts
- Conduct inspections and diagnostic tests; identify worn and damaged parts
- Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to maintenance helpers and inspect their work
- Comply with company safety program and trainings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value
- General building maintenance (e.g., lighting, maintenance & repairs of offices, warehouse facilities). Candidate should have knowledge and ability to do basic construction work/painting.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years hands-on experience working with conveyors maintenance and repairs
- Proficient in the use of all tools-of-the-trade (diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools)
- Advanced knowledge of electrical components, ability to read schematics.
- Proficient use of material handling and lift equipment (preferable certified to operate a sit-down forklift & electric pallet jack)
- Ability to work at heights
- Regularly lift and /or move from 25 lbs. up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to work random weekends based on emergency maintenance needs
- Vocational/Technical schooling or mechanical certification
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
These are direct hire positions with benefits that include paid sick/personal days, paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, vision), life insurance, and 401K plan with Company’s match.
All Candidates must complete an employment application and are subject to a drug/alcohol screening and background investigation (past employment verification, education, and criminal history). To be considered for these positions, please apply today!