The Buyer will be responsible for developing and managing an apparel category which includes the selection, purchase and delivery of merchandise focused brands and categories to be determined based on experience. We carry performance outdoor, active wear brands and denim. We also have a rapidly emerging men’s and women’s ready to wear business.
- Manages opportunistic buying responsibility (based on vendors or classifications) and accountability for sales and margin performance.
- Manages receipts in terms of balancing assortments and flexing from flow versus pack and hold.
- Working in partnership with brands to identify and develop underserved items and categories.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in negotiating for pack and hold goods to offset additional costs of storing merchandise (e.g. additional dating, vendors holding merchandise etc.).
- Responsible for leveraging data and market trends to create and execute buying strategies that effectively drive profitable sales.
- Buyers are responsible for continuously identifying new opportunities, pursuing new vendors, and sourcing new markets.
· Experience in a fast paced, retail environment. Specialty, Off price and ecommerce experience desirable.
· Expertise and relationships with athletic & outdoor brands and licensees with focus on apparel.
· Proven experience consistently delivering on financial targets and driving profitable sales.
· Proficient in retail math.
· The ability to quickly adjust strategy in response to market conditions and fashion trends.
· Entrepreneurial minded and comfortable taking risks.
· Experience cultivating relationships, both with internal teams and the vendor community.
For immediate consideration, please send resume in MS Word format outlining your Buying experience within athletic & outdoor apparel.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com